Protein H20 Icy Poles
Servings: Makes 4-6 icy poles, depending on the size of the moulds.
- Blender or Mixing Bowl
- Icy pole Moulds
- Popsicle Sticks or Handles
- 1 scoop (24.3g) of "Protein H20" collagen by Fit Frenzy
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Stevia or your preferred zero-calorie sweetener to taste
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine the "Protein H20" collagen, water, vanilla extract, and sweetener if desired. Stir or blend well until the collagen is fully dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness if needed by adding more sweetener.
- Pour the mixture into ice popsicle moulds, leaving a little space at the top for expansion when freezing.
- Insert the popsicle sticks or handles into the moulds.
- Place the molds in the freezer and let them freeze completely, typically for about 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Once the ice popsicles are frozen, remove them from the molds by running warm water over the molds to release the popsicles easily.
- Enjoy your healthy Protein H20 ice popsicles!
Optional Additions or Changes:
- Fruit Additions: You can enhance the flavour and nutrition of the ice popsicles by adding fresh or frozen fruits. Simply blend the fruits with the other ingredients in Step 1 or add small fruit chunks directly into the moulds before freezing.
- Citrus Zest: For a burst of citrus flavour, add the zest of a lemon, lime, or orange into the mixture before freezing. It adds a refreshing twist to the popsicles.
- Coconut Milk: Instead of water, you can use unsweetened coconut milk to create a creamier texture and a subtle coconut flavour. Adjust the amount of sweetener accordingly.
- Nut Butter Swirl: Before freezing the popsicles, add a swirl of your favourite nut butter, such as almond butter or peanut butter, into the moulds. Use a toothpick or skewer to create the swirl effect.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Once the popsicles are frozen and removed from the molds, you can drizzle them with melted dark chocolate for an indulgent touch. Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying.
Note: Feel free to experiment with different flavors, ingredients, or variations according to your preferences. Ensure that any additional ingredients you add align with your dietary requirements and desired nutritional profile.
Preparation Time: Approximately 10 minutes (excluding freezing time)
Freezing Time: 4-6 hours or overnight
Now you have a complete recipe for Protein H20 Ice Popsicles, along with some optional variations to explore. Enjoy this healthy and refreshing treat!
Protein Fruit Jelly
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- Whisk or spoon
- Jelly moulds or individual serving dishes
- 2 cups fruit juice (such as orange juice, apple juice, or mixed berry juice)
- 2 tablespoons gelatin powder
- 1 scoop (24.3g) of "Protein H20" collagen by Fit Frenzy
- Optional: Fresh fruits or berries for garnish
- In a saucepan, pour 1 cup of fruit juice and sprinkle the gelatin powder evenly over the surface. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes to soften and bloom.
- Place the saucepan over low heat and gently whisk or stir the mixture until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Avoid boiling the mixture.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the remaining 1 cup of fruit juice. If desired, add sweetener to taste and stir until fully dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes. Then, whisk in the "Protein H20" collagen powder until it is fully incorporated.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease the jelly moulds or individual serving dishes with a neutral oil to aid in easy removal later.
- Pour the jelly mixture into the prepared moulds or dishes. If desired, add fresh fruits or berries to the mixture for added texture and flavor.
- Place the molds or dishes in the refrigerator and let them set for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Once the jelly is fully set, remove it from the refrigerator. If using molds, gently run a knife along the edges and invert the molds onto a plate to release the jelly. If using dishes, serve the jelly directly from the dishes.
- Garnish with additional fresh fruits or berries if desired.
- Enjoy your protein-packed fruit jelly!
By incorporating "Protein H20" collagen into the jelly, you not only add a boost of protein but also benefit from its collagen content. Feel free to experiment with different flavors of fruit juice and variations to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy your nutritious and delicious Protein Fruit Jelly!
Protein Ice Cubes
- 1 heaped scoop (approximately 24.3g) of "Protein H20" collagen by Fit Frenzy
- 300ml water
- Fill a clean ice cube tray with water, leaving a little space at the top of each cube compartment for expansion when freezing.
- In a mixing bowl or cup, combine 1 heaped scoop of "Protein H20" collagen with 300ml of water.
- Stir or whisk the mixture until the collagen is fully dissolved and well combined.
- Pour the collagen-water mixture into the ice cube tray, filling each compartment.
- Place the ice cube tray in the freezer and let it freeze completely, typically for about 4-6 hours or until solid.
- Once the ice cubes are fully frozen, remove the tray from the freezer.
- Gently twist or tap the ice cube tray to release the protein ice cubes into a container or storage bag.
- Place the protein ice cubes back into the freezer for future use.
- Add the protein ice cubes to your favorite beverages or use them in smoothies to enjoy the added protein boost.
Note: You can adjust the number of protein ice cubes based on the capacity of your ice cube tray and your desired protein intake. Each serving corresponds to 1 heaped scoop of "Protein H20" collagen mixed with 300ml of water.
These protein ice cubes are a convenient way to incorporate additional protein into your drinks and smoothies. Enjoy the refreshing and protein-rich benefits of the Protein Ice Cubes!